London 2012: 91 days to go!
In exactly 3 months, the Olympics will start and INSEP concentrates all its energy in the preparation of this unique event:
New INSEP athletes qualified:
* XIAN Yi Fang joins LI Xue and MATTENET Adrien in the Olympic French team of table tennis
* the French team of boxing will be constituted by 5 athletes with the new qualification of OUBAALI and YOKA (the ladies will play their qualification from May 21st till June 10th in China)
* Laura Flessel (fencing) will participate in her 5th Olympics after her qualification in Bratislava
* Steeve GUENOT (wrestling) will defend its title
* we will hear the music of Mickael JACKSON in the swimming pool of London with the qualification of the French duet (LABROUSSE Sara and WILLHELM Chloé).
Who will carry the French flag during the Opening Ceremony?
Numerous discussions to know who will carry the French flag, 4 years after Tony Estanguet (double Olympic champion, qualified for its 4th Olympics where he will also try to be elected within the CIO)? FLESSEL? PARKER? ABSALON? KARABATIC? DECOSSE? A thing is sure: Teddy RINER only wants to concentrate on its quest of the Olympic title and is not candidate.
This year, the French Olympic and sports national Committee (CNOSF) chose a symbolic date and a place to make its announcement: it will be during the men's final of International of France of tennis, on June 10th.
Grégory BAUGE, World Champion
The cyclist is again World champion of individual sprint (Melbourne) and is, with SIREAU Kevin and D'ALMEIDA Michael, 2nd by team, in a hundredth of Australian. A very good news before the Olympics, where he will be one of the favorites.
Re-opening of the complex Marie-Thérèse EYQUEM
The new dojo is ready to welcome athletes. They are going to discover the building just after their return from Chelyabinsk, place of the European Championships of Judo (already 5 medals and 2 titles for LEGRAND Ugo [-73kg] and EMANE Gévrise [-63kg]). The preparation for London will be easier for them now with this unique and big complex (on 1 236m2 of tatamis).
The next stage in the renovation of the Institute will be the construction of a new building for Archery, the renovation of the complex Jean LETESSIER (table tennis, weightlifting and boxing) and the begining of important works to rebuild the aquatic center.